It’s kind of hard to believe the final month of 2020 is here. I know January of 2021 won’t magically be all better but I have hope that overall, 2021 will be better than 2020!
Some updates to the data I like to track:
- We’ve had 70 people (that we know of!) support us through financial donations, participating in fundraisers, and/or in-kind donations.
- We started with seed money of $130 the day we opened our bank account and now have about $5400 in there.
- We’ve sold at least 125 masks since August.
- We have over 350 Facebook followers and over 350 Instagram followers.
- We’ve fostered 19 cats and kittens.
- We’ve had 3 newspaper interviews.
- We’ve spoken to 1 volunteer mentor from SCORE and 1 commercial real estate broker for advice as we move forward.
So what’s to come? We’re making a big push to raise $3000 by the end of the year. Donations to Cassie’s Cats are tax-deductible so we hope our supporters will consider that as they make end-of-year donations. We need our mission to be shared with others in Ventura and the surrounding communities as well as further out, to anyone who shares our values and wants to see cats and kittens finding their “fur”ever homes! Rent in midtown Ventura is not cheap but we want to be visible and attract as many visitors and potential adopters as we can.
Ways to donate:
- Use the yellow PayPal button at the bottom of any page
- Mail a check (use the contact form for our current mailing address)
- Send us a donation through Venmo (Jennifer-Thompson-75)
- Make a purchase in our fundraising shop
As always, thank you for your continued support as we work to make this dream a reality!